Building momentum along several empowerment movements, San Franciscans are looking for meaningful ways to get involved or give back. Our Associate Board does just that. We are an assembly of motivated young professionals, from all walks of life, who volunteer their time, skills, and passion, to advance affordable, quality child care in their community and beyond.
If you want to make a direct impact in the life of San Francisco families, this is the best place to start. We have outlined our goals, responsibilities, and benefits.
Meet our Co-Chairs, or contact our Associate Board staff liaison to learn more about getting involved.
Our Associate Board is currently accepting new members. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume and we will schedule a brief interview.
The Associate Board’s three main goals are meant to support the Children’s Council mission to advance affordable, quality child care in San Francisco:
- Involve dynamic, passionate, and skilled individuals to spearhead quality child care awareness
- Support Children’s Council mission and efforts by organizing events and fundraisers
- Develop a pipeline for future leadership of Children’s Council
- Nothing currently scheduled- check back soon!
- Individual Give/Get Goal of $200 per year, suggested split as follows:
- Give (Donate) $100 annually, students exempt
- Get (Fundraise) $100 annually
- Participation in Associate Board meetings, calls, and events
- Advocacy and recruitment of future Associate Board members
- Featured profile on Children’s Council website
- Board experience / resume building
- Opportunity for mentorship, growth, and experience working alongside leaders in the public and private sector