Help Paying for Child Care
Children’s Council offers a variety of financial assistance programs that may partially or completely cover the costs of care for children from birth until the age of 13* (for state funded programs only).
The first step in this process is to assess if you are income eligible for financial assistance. Our Child Care Financial Assistance Eligibility Calculator will help you to determine if you are eligible for child care financial assistance and guide you through next steps for a successful application.
Or you can speak directly to one of our Resource & Referral teammates by calling us at 415.343.3300 or email firstname.lastname@example.org, who can help to determine if you are income eligible for child care financial assistance.
Maximum Gross Monthly Income By Family Size
1 or 2
|State Child Care Voucher|
CAPP & FCCHEN
|Early Leaning Scholarship|
(0-5 age range eligibility/
must be SF resident)
For important financial forms and documents, please see our menu below.
Information About Family Fees
Typically, depending on your gross monthly income, you would be required you to pay a portion of your child care subsidy; this is called a family fee.
However, the State of California has waived family fees for child care from July 1, 2022 to June 30, 2023.
Apply for Financial Assistance
Take the first step to see if you qualify for financial assistance for early child care and education: click here to apply. Families will be contacted as child care spaces become available.
Children’s Council is here to help! Please contact our counselors to learn more:
- Phone: 415.343.3300
- Email: email@example.com
Documents and Forms – English
- Emergency Form
- Employment Verification
- Family Subsidy Policy Handbook (Stage 2, Stage 3, CAPP)
- Family Subsidy Policy Handbook ELS
- Family Subsidy Policy Handbook Referral Programs
- Family Subsidy Policy Handbook FCS
- Income Self Declaration
- Seeking Employment Plan
- Seeking Permanent Housing Plan
- Self Declaration
- Self Employment Verification Form
- Statement of Exceptional Needs
- Statement of Incapacity
- Training Verification
- Update Employment Verification
- Vocational Training Guidelines
Documents and Forms – Español
- Información para Identificación y Emergencias
- Verificación de Empleo
- Manual de Reglamentos del Subsidio Familiar
- Declaración de Ingresos
- Plan para Cuando se está Buscando Empleo
- Plan para Buscar Vivienda Permanente
- Formulario de Auto-Declaración
- Formulario de Verificación de Trabajo por Cuenta Propia
- Declaración de Necesidades Excepcionales de el Niño
- Declaración de Incapacidad del Padre
- Verificación de Formación Profesional
- Verificación de Empleo para Actualizaciones
- Normas Sobre la Formación Profesional