Help Paying for Child Care
Children’s Council offers a variety of child care financial assistance programs to partially or completely cover the costs of care for children from birth until age 13. Eligibility is based on family-size and income. Families may be eligible regardless of immigration status. Child care options vary depending on the type of financial assistance for which you qualify.
Please contact our counselors to learn about your options and how to apply. A valid birthdate is required for a child to be eligible.
If you’re wondering how and when Prop C might affect you personally, you can read our FAQ page here.
Income Requirements for most State and Local Subsidies
If your household income is less than the amount listed here, you may qualify:
|Gross (pre-tax) Monthly Income||$5,343||$5,802||$6,719||$7,794|
*San Francisco’s Preschool for All program is available to families at all income levels.
Depending on your gross monthly income, your child care subsidy may require you to pay a portion of your subsidy; this is called a family fee. The following table shows family fee increments according to gross monthly income and family size. Click here to view the family fee table.
Apply for Financial Assistance
Take the first step to see if you qualify for financial assistance for early child care and education: click here to apply. Families will be contacted as child care spaces become available.
Children’s Council is here to help! Please contact our counselors to learn more:
- Phone: 415.343.3300
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Documents and Forms – English
- Emergency Form
- Employment Verification
- Family Subsidy Policy Handbook (Stage 2, Stage 3, CAPP)
- Family Subsidy Policy Handbook ELS
- Family Subsidy Policy Handbook Referral Programs
- Family Subsidy Policy Handbook FCS
- Income Self Declaration
- Seeking Employment Plan
- Seeking Permanent Housing Plan
- Self Declaration
- Self Employment Verification Form
- Statement of Exceptional Needs
- Statement of Incapacity
- Training Verification
- Update Employment Verification
- Vocational Training Guidelines
Documents and Forms – Español
- Información para Identificación y Emergencias
- Verificación de Empleo
- Manual de Reglamentos del Subsidio Familiar
- Declaración de Ingresos
- Plan para Cuando se está Buscando Empleo
- Plan para Buscar Vivienda Permanente
- Formulario de Auto-Declaración
- Formulario de Verificación de Trabajo por Cuenta Propia
- Declaración de Necesidades Excepcionales de el Niño
- Declaración de Incapacidad del Padre
- Verificación de Formación Profesional
- Verificación de Empleo para Actualizaciones
- Normas Sobre la Formación Profesional