Since 1973, we have helped all San Francisco families, whatever their budgets or needs, find the nurturing and reliable care they can afford and feel good about.
By advocating for quality early care and education, empowering families with information and financial support, and building the capabilities of educators, we ensure that every child in San Francisco has the opportunity to reach their full potential.
Children’s Council’s offices have reopened to the public, but please review our safety guidelines before visiting us in person. Our regular business hours are Monday-Friday, 8:30am – 5pm.
Call 415.343.3300 or send us an email.
You may also search our database of available child care programs in San Francisco. Click here to use our Mobile-Friendly Child Care Finder
We offer a variety of services to support your child care search:
- Individual counseling in-person, by phone or via email
- Free referrals to licensed child care programs in San Francisco
- Information on various types of child care and how they differ
- Placement services for children with special needs
- A full range of family support and child development workshops, including “Choosing Child Care” and “Choosing a Preschool”