Join Our Team
For 50 years, Children’s Council has been the heart of child care and early education in San Francisco, advancing the belief that high-quality child care can transform lives and communities. Our more than 140 team members help families navigate their child care and preschool options and secure financial assistance to pay for it. We provide home-based child care businesses with the training and resources to succeed. Through a wide range of free programs and workshops, we support parents and caregivers as they build child development skills. As the city’s second-largest nonprofit contractor, with an annual budget of over $240 million, we are a major stakeholder in the early childhood education system. We educate the public and advocate for increased investment in early education at the local and state level. If you are a child care champion, we want you on our team.
We offer a family-friendly workplace, plus competitive pay, and industry leading benefits package that includes:
- Employer paid Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, LTD and AD&D coverage.
- Voluntary benefits that include Supplement Life, Accident, Critical Illness, and Pet Insurance.
- 401(k) retirement plan with generous 8.5% match.
- Pre-tax Flexible Spending Accounts, Health Savings Account and Commuter Benefit programs.
- Generous paid time off that includes 5 weeks of PTO, 15 paid holidays (including your birthday).
- Ongoing training and professional development for all staff.
- Tuition Reimbursement.
Our current open positions:
- Chief Human Resources Officer
- Director of Public Policy Communication
- Resource and Referral Manager
- Client Relations Supervisor
- Payment Services Supervisor (Bilingual: English/Spanish)
- Family Services Specialist II
- Client Relations Representative
- HR Generalist II
Children’s Council is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity as central to our work serving the San Francisco community. We comply with all applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment. Our practices are in alignment with our commitment to workplace equity, diversity, and inclusion. We foster a work environment where our current and future staff feel welcomed without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, national origin, sex, age, disability or sexual orientation.
Learn more about Children’s Council, and the bold vision we have for the future of child care in San Francisco: