At Children’s Council, we measure our impact by how successful we are in helping families with young children, especially low-income families, find quality child care and connect them to assistance to pay for it.
By ensuring families have access to child care, we help them stay in the work force or continue their education. Children’s Council is committed to the total well-being of young children from their early learning to nutrition and healthy eating and, towards that end, we offer dozens of workshops and classes every year for parents and child care providers to build their individual capacity as early educators.
We also provide important referrals to a full range of essential services such as English as a Second Language, job training, Medi-Cal, and the Special Supplemental Nutrition Program for Women, Infants, and Children (WIC).
A Snapshot of Our Impact
Each year, Children’s Council…
- Touches the lives of over 25,000 families
- Assists over 10,000 families in finding child care
- Helps more than 5,000 families secure and maintain child care financial assistance
- Supports over 125 families in locating inclusive care for a child with special needs
- Presents 250+ workshops for families and caregivers
- Serves more than 650,000 healthy meals through child care providers in our network
- Brings together 1,700+ attendees for our annual City Kids Family Fair