At Children’s Council, we measure our impact by how successful we are in helping families with young children, especially low-income families, find quality child care and connect them to assistance to pay for it.
By ensuring families have access to child care, we help them stay in the work force or continue their education. Children’s Council is committed to the total well-being of young children from their early learning to nutrition and healthy eating and, towards that end, we offer dozens of workshops and classes every year for both parents and child care providers to build their individual capacity as early educators. We also provide important referrals to other essential services such as English as a Second Language, job training, Medi-Cal, and the Special Supplemental Nutrition Program for Women, Infants, and Children (WIC).
A Snapshot of Our Impact
In 2017, Children’s Council…
- Assisted over 10,000 families in finding child care.
- Helped more than 5,000 families secure child care financial assistance.
- Assisted 135 families locate inclusive care for a child with special needs.
- Provided learning opportunities to 1,261 parents/caregivers who participated in our child development and early learning workshops.
- Served more than 655,000 healthy meals through child care providers in our network