Child Care Advocacy
Children’s Council of San Francisco is committed to advocating with local, state and federal policy-makers on a full range of budget and policy issues related to early care and education.
We’re excited to announce our new Children’s Council Public Policy Agenda!
Built on the foundation of our mission and in alignment with our 5-year strategic plan, this agenda will serve as a guide for our advocacy work through fiscal year 2026. Thank you to all of the community members for your input and guidance.
We believe that all children deserve access to quality early care and education. Together with a broad coalition of community partners, Children’s Council advocates for affordable quality child care and increased, livable wages for early educators.
Children’s Council also sponsors the San Francisco chapter of Parent Voices, a parent-led grassroots organization working to make quality child care affordable and accessible to all families.
Since 2020, COVID-19 has expanded our advocacy work. We are working tirelessly to protect current child care capacity while also expanding to meet the needs of our San Francisco community. Here is a snapshot of our accomplishments since the pandemic.
Within the past year we have:
- Successfully worked on Proposition F, a local ballot measure that released $433 million to the SF ECE community
- Advocated on behalf of the community to our local, state and federal representatives in regards to early care & education support
- Coordinated our constituents to send 500+ emails and calls to State and Federal representatives to support early care & education
- Successfully advocated for $650,000 of redirected SFPD funds to go to improving Black child achievement and increasing the number of Black educators
- Hosted a forum with San Francisco Board of Supervisors President Norman Yee on the State of Child Care in San Francisco
- Provided public comment at state and local budget hearings
- Hosted a food & nutrition wellness panel – watch the recording here
But there is still so much more to do! Join our fight to advocate for an improved early care and education system.