For over 50 years, Children’s Council has been at the heart of child care in San Francisco. During the COVID-19 crisis, our services and programs are a lifeline for families and early educators under stress. Our goal is that our child care infrastructure will be in place now for essential workers, and still intact when we all need to get back to work.
Children’s Council is responding to this crisis with swift support for our community, using new and creative ways to connect with families and early educators. Leveraging our core competencies and our expansive early education network, Children’s Council is offering:
- Emergency Child Care referral/match and payment services for essential workers and families with vulnerable children, in partnership with San Francisco Office of Early Care and Education, First 5 San Francisco and the California State Department of Education.
- Timely, expert advice and resources for the child care industry and for families through our Children’s Council Online Help Center, 1-on-1 coaching by phone and email, virtual health and safety trainings, and other rapidly evolving resources.
- Assistance for early educators who want to care for children during COVID-19, as well as coordination of the substitute pool of child care providers.
- Trauma-informed virtual workshops (Playgroups, Parent Café, New & Expecting Moms Group) to help families navigate stress, child engagement and family dynamics during this challenging time.
- Business interruption mini grants for Family Child Care Business Incubator graduates who have opened in the last year
Visit us at www.childrenscouncil.org
Child Care Resource and Referral Info for Families:
Help Desk for Early Educators: email@example.com 415.343.4669