In accordance with the latest Department of Public Health guidelines regarding COVID-19, Children’s Council is currently not hosting workshops in person.
However, many of our popular workshops for families are being presented virtually.
If you have questions, you may call or email the workshop organizer. Scroll down and click on the workshop in question, look for the workshop organizer’s name at the bottom of the page, then click “contact.”
Playgroups are held virtually every Tuesday at 10:30am. Click here for more info and to RSVP.
Each week child development experts lead engaging activities to build young brains, including resources and ideas you can use at home.
Designed for 0-6 year olds, their parents and caregivers. All languages welcome.
Call Jessica Boehme-Flores at 415.276.2902 with any questions.
New & Expecting Moms Group
New & Expecting Moms Group are held virtually every Thursday at 11am.
This group supports new and expecting mommies through group discussion, interaction and activities. We’ll build new relationships and support communication between you and your child. The facilitator is a new mom herself, with a background in social psychology and adult and child education.
Expecting moms and new moms with babies are encouraged to attend any or all sessions! Meet our facilitator Jessica Boehme-Flores.
Parent Cafe is held virtually every month.
Build supportive relationships with other families while learning how to better manage the stress of parenting from our team of child development experts. Please RSVP:
Choosing a Preschool During COVID-19
In this workshop we address program philosophies (Montessori, Waldorf, etc.), quality indicators and tips on navigating the application process. This is a free workshop.
- We are currently scheduling our next Choosing a Preschool During COVID-19 virtual workshop – details coming soon.
Choosing Child Care During COVID-19
Let us help you evaluate family child care homes and infant/toddler centers. We also explore licensing regulations, legal rights of parents and indicators of quality. This is a free workshop. Advance registration preferred.
- We are currently scheduling more workshops. Please check back at a later time. For immediate support finding child care, contact us.
You may also visit our Online Help Center for helpful tips on finding child care during COVID-19.
- What should I do when choosing a child care program?
- How can I compare Home-Based Family Child Care and Child Care Centers?
- Tips to ensure my child is in a safe, nurturing, and clean child care environment during this time?
- How do I find quality child care during COVID-19?
- What child care financial assistance do I qualify for?
Our series of cooking classes will get you and your little sous-chef ready for the kitchen. Prepare healthy and tasty foods while trimming on costs. Please plan to attend all classes in the series. This virtual workshop is free!
- Please check back at a later date for new English Cooking Matter workshops.
- Please check back at a later date for new Spanish Cooking Matter workshops.
Pediatric CPR & First Aid
Receive your certification from the Emergency Medical Services Authority. Course fee is $100, registration is required.
Classes are currently being broken into one virtual session and one in-person session. Please refer to event links for more information.