Find Child Care
We help San Francisco families find the right child care for their unique needs. You can search our database for licensed child care and preschool programs, or you can connect with our staff for 1-on-1 support.
Children’s Council’s offices are open to the public, but please read our health and safety guidelines before stopping by.
445 Church Street
San Francisco, CA 94114
Office Hours: Mon – Fri 8:30 am – 5pm
Resource and Referral counselors available:
Mon – Thu 8:30am – 4pm; Fri 8:30am – noon
Resource and Referral Line: 415.343.3300
Front Desk: 415.276.2900
Call 415.343.3300 or send us an email.
We offer a variety of services to support your child care search:
- Individual counseling in-person, by phone or via email
- Free referrals to licensed child care programs in San Francisco
- Information on various types of child care and how they differ
- Placement services for children with special needs
- A full range of family support and child development workshops, including “Choosing Child Care” and “Choosing a Preschool”