African American Early Educators: Your Community Needs You!
By Je Ton Carey
Director of Black Early Care & Education Achievement
Children’s Council is seeking African American early educators to join a new city-wide African American Early Educator Policy Council (AAEEPC). Support your community through collaboration and expertise sharing!
You can help us:
- Increase the number of and retention of African American early educators in San Francisco
- Provide racial justice recommendations and improve outcomes for African American children
- Build a strong early educator support system for African American families, educators and children
- Subscription service to technical administrative supports
- Monthly stipend of $150*
- Opportunity to collaborate with peers and stakeholders while impacting change!
Council members will:
- Attend bi-monthly council meetings
- Attend community meetings on behalf of the community
- Work cooperatively to accomplish goals
- Actively participate in efforts to support an improved early care system that affirms and supports African American children, families and early educators.
You may email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 415.343.3367 with any questions.
*African American Family Child Care providers who meet monthly requirements and expectations.