Women’s Business Leadership Council
Because Child Care Matters
Children’s Council of San Francisco is at the heart of child care and early education in San Francisco.
For over 40 years, Children’s Council has been a champion for families in San Francisco. A 501(c)(3) nonprofit, we connect families to child care that meets their needs and we work with parents, providers and community partners to make quality child care and early education a reality for all children in our city.
Every day, Children’s Council helps parents find and pay for quality child care.
We nurture new early educators and support existing ones to grow. We’re here to help families of all backgrounds find the care that fits their personal and budgetary needs. When our kids are well cared for, our families thrive. When our families thrive, our city is stronger.
As an organization, one of our key 5-year outcomes is that San Francisco employers will advocate for and financially support child care. We think this is a key outcome to help us achieve our vision that:
- All children in San Francisco are cared for in environments that foster their social, emotional and cognitive development
- Their parents are able to provide for them emotionally and financially
- Their caregivers offer nurturing developmentally appropriate care
In order to begin our needed dialogue with the business community, we aim to recruit women from all industries, but key to our effort is representation of major employers and industries in San Francisco (finance, design, tech, real estate, higher education, healthcare).
Tentatively, we expect that our new Women’s Business Leadership Council will:
- Give insight into employer perspectives on child care and preschool
- Develop a messaging and policy platform that we can bring to major SF employers as we promote the critical workforce and civic infrastructure role of early care & education
- Support our efforts to broaden our base of private support through their support and advocacy for our cause
- Develop a cornerstone product (e.g. report) or gathering in support of our cause
- Gather quarterly with other women business executives to strategize ways Children’s Council should engage the wider business community.
- Connect Children’s Council’s leadership to thought-leaders, prospective funders and corporate executives who may support our cause.
To learn more about our Women’s Business Leadership Council, email April Homan at email@example.com.