Grounded in the Five Protective Factors, Children’s Council’s family services meet families where they are to provide comprehensive, flexible and individualized support and connection in a way that affirms and builds on families’ strengths.
Our evolving set of offerings include weekly playgroups, monthly parent cafés, a support group for new and expecting moms, a toy & book lending library and workshops facilitated by experts. Learn more about
Children’s Council offers parents and caregivers structured opportunities to build confidence and community so that they can help children grow and thrive. Check out a visual diagram of our Parent and Caregiver Education Programs.
We are fundraising to create the Play Lab, an adaptable physical space that can be used for these services, along with hands-on education services for ECE programs and for parents on choosing child care. Take a look!
- The Play Lab will transform our physical space so that it reflects our place in the community—at the confluence of parents, caregivers and children.
- Parents will have an immersive experience of what to look for in quality child care programs. Home-based child care businesses will visualize how to set up their environment for early learning.
- Families will find a respite from life’s stressors; parents will support each other; we’ll engage children while their caregivers access our services; children in the foster care system will have supervised visits with their parents.
- Parents and caregivers will borrow unique toys, books and learning materials from a curated library; enriching children’s environment and equipping educators with resources.
- Our staff will use the Play Lab will to seek customer feedback and test new service delivery strategies to ensure our programs respond to community needs.
Check out a Logic Model diagram of our programs, highlighting the short and long term outcomes we expect to achieve through this critical work.