Children’s Council acknowledges the confidential nature of the information we receive from parents and child care providers. All material received that is of a confidential nature is treated as such and measures are taken to ensure the security of such information. All confidential information pertaining to clients and employees is kept in locked file cabinets and/or secure computer databases that are password protected.
It is the responsibility of Children’s Council staff and all representatives to follow our confidentiality policy. Our staff is required to observe the following guidelines:
- We do not divulge any client information or records to any person unless:
- The person is a Children’s Council manager and sharing this information is relevant to appropriately and effectively providing services, or
- Written permission from the client for the release of the specific information is obtained prior to the disclosure.
- We do not disclose or share personal passwords used for purposes of security or to access confidential information in the agency’s databases.
- We do not to disclose or share specific names of clients in electronic communications with outside organizations or individuals unless approved by a Senior Manager for funder reporting requirements.
- If sharing of client information is an internal business necessity, information may only be shared by flagging the internal email as “confidential” before it is sent.
- We do not to share keys to access clients’ paper files in locked drawers with any person unless the person is a Children’s Council manager and sharing this information is relevant to appropriately and effectively providing services.
- We do not to discuss any confidential information with clients, employees or any other individual in public and common areas such as our lobby, elevators, hallways, break rooms, etc.
- We do not leave client information in printer, copier or fax machine areas. Confidential documents include, but are not limited to, program forms, e‐mails, and applications.