Children’s Council Selected for Erikson Institute Program
Children’s Council is honored to have been accepted to participate in the prestigious Erikson Institute Family Child Care (FCC) Learning Collaborative Pilot program.
We are thrilled to have been selected through this highly competitive process, along with eight other FCC networks nationwide. Children’s Council is the only west coast child care organization to be selected for the program.
The selected FCC networks will work with the Erikson Institute over the next 14 months to implement new strategies to improve the care of toddlers in FCC mixed-age group settings.
Led by Dawn Perry, the Children’s Council team consists of two Quality Consultants (Lidia Saavedra and Kaela Roster) and one early educator (Monique Guidry). Over the course of this initiative our team will participate in webinars, virtual learning sessions and two in-person sessions in Chicago.
Here is the list of participating networks:
- All Our Kin, Inc., Early Head Start Program (Connecticut)
- Bethel Child Care Services, Inc. (Massachusetts)
- Capital District Child Care Coordinating Council, Inc. (New York)
- Children’s Council of San Francisco, Family Child Care Homes Network (California)
- Maine Roads to Quality Professional Development Network (Maine)
- MARC Academy and Family Center (New York)
- Mary’s Center for Maternal and Child Care, Inc. (District of Columbia)
- United Way of Pinal County Family, Friend & Neighbor Caregivers Outreach Assistance Project (Arizona)
- Women’s Housing and Economic Development Corporation (WHEDCo; New York)
Stay tuned for results of this exciting pilot program.
Click here to learn more.