Black/African American Family Friend & Neighbor Care Institute
A program to support African American/Black families and friends caring for children 0-5
Be part of the movement to increase access to warm, supportive, quality child care to Black children in San Francisco by joining our Family Friend & Neighbor Care Institute.
Children’s Council is seeking African American family members, friends and neighbors who are interested in learning about early childhood development, while getting support on the pathway to opening your own home-based family child care program.
You can help:
- Increase the number of African American early educators in San Francisco
- Improve outcomes for African American children
- Build a strong support system for African American families, educators and young children
How it works:
- Attend free monthly workshops (February – June 2023)
- Obtain resources and Play & Learn materials
- Get support from an experienced licensed family child care provider-mentor
- Receive a stipend upon successful completion of all FFN Care Institute activities
In order to participate in this program you must:
- Be a Black/African American person currently caring for a child age 0-8
- Be a resident of San Francisco and/or caring for a child age 0-8 who resides in San Francisco
- Meet once a month with a mentor
- Attend an Orientation and all FFN Care Institute Workshops
To apply for the Spring 2023 FFN Care Institute, click here.
For more information firstname.lastname@example.org
Comments are closed