Apprenticeship Program: Pipeline for Black Early Childhood Educator Career Development
Are you passionate about working with children and families?
Have you thought about becoming an early childhood educator, but unsure where to start?
Children’s Council of San Francisco is seeking African American individuals who are passionate about working with children and families, and who want to build a career in Early Childhood Education (ECE).
This programming is funded by the Dream Keeper Initiative. www.dreamkeepersf.org
You can help:
- Increase the number of African American early educators in San Francisco
- Improve outcomes for African American children
- Build a strong support system for African American families, educators and young children
- Earn college credits in our 9-month program, while receiving a monthly stipend of $1,000
to cover your other expenses*
- Build a support system of African American/Black colleagues
- Receive tutoring and academic support
- Start off your career strong!
- Be placed in a great job at an ECE center-based child care program; salary ranging from $45-$55K annually; OR
- Build your own Family Child Care business potentially earning $99K annually
- Attend all class meetings virtually**
- Work 1-on-1 with a mentor
- Obtain a teaching permit through the California Department of Teaching and Credentialing
- Work cooperatively as a cohort to accomplish personal goals
- Actively support an improved ECE system that affirms and supports African American children, families and early educators
Course Topics participants will cover:
- CDEV 65: Orientation to ECE Principles and Practice
- CDEV 66: Introduction to Early Childhood Curriculum
- CDEV 67: Child, Family, and Community
- CDEV 53: Child Growth and Development
*African American individuals who meet monthly requirements and expectations
**Classes will be asynchronous with live zoom instruction (at the discretion of the Instructor) October 2021-July 2022
This program is funded by the San Francisco Office of Economic & Workforce Development (OEWD).