Classes for Parents of Preschoolers continue on May 3! Click for details.
- Session 1: Helping Kids Flourish: Age Old Needs, Brand New Challenges
- Unconditional love
- Creating emotional safety
- Family priorities
- Tuesday, March 5, 9:30 - 11:00 a.m.
- Session 2: Listening to and Communicating with Kids of All Ages
- Action vs. acting out
- "Listening" and "Speaking" to children in multiple ways
- Putting feelings into words
- Tuesday, March 12, 9:30 - 11:00 a.m.
- Click here to register for Session 2 - $27 advance; $30 at door
Parent Education Series - Caring for Your Kids: From the Inside Out
- Conversations with Psychologist and Parent Educator Darby Furth Bonomi, Ph.D.
- Tuesdays, March 5 - 26, 9:30 to 11:00 a.m.
- Session price - $27 in advance or $30 at class
- Sliding scale available - Click here for application
- This interactive series engages parents in a discussion of effective parenting in our fast-paced, multi-tasking culture. Parents will emerge with new skills to communicate and work with their children, and a perspective on how caring for oneself benefits the children too.
- For more information please contact Dr. Bonomi at 415.713.4234 or email@example.com.
- To register please click below or call 415.343.3315
- Session 3: Discipline or Limit Setting: What's the Difference and Why is it Important?
- Parenting with authority vs. power
- Neutral stance and natural consequences
- Limit-setting as emotional safety
- Tuesday, March 19, 9:30 - 11:00 a.m.
- Click here to register for Session 3 - $27 advance; $30 at door
- Session 4: The Importance of Parents' Self-Care
- Setting priorities and letting the rest go
- Perfectionism and guilt
- Caring for your relationship
- Tuesday, March 26, 9:30 - 11:00 a.m.
- Click here to register for Session 4 - $27 advance; $30 at door
Other Family Support Workshops
- Off to Preschool: Letting Go while Staying Connected
- Friday, May 3, Noon - 1:30 p.m. - Click here to register
- Led by Carolina Bacchi, Psy.D. and Gregory Villalba, LCSW
- Think about creating "good goodbyes" for the first days of preschool
- Understand and respond to the feelings that naturally arise during this transition
- Develop strategies to help you and your child stay connected during the day
Carolina Bacchi, Psy.D. is a clinical psychologist in private practice in Berkeley. She is originally from Sao Paulo, Brazil, and works with children, parents and adults using an approach that integrates cultural sensitivity, creativity and mutual collaboration. She is also a clinical supervisor and consultant to child, adult and pregnant therapists.
Gregory Villalba, L.C.S.W. is a clinical social worker in private practice in San Francisco where he sees children, adolescents and adults in psychotherapy and consultation. He has been a consultant in two San Francisco Preschools, and has been a member of a preschool consultation group for the last six years.