Fall Fun for Families
Fall is nearly here and if you are anything like us, you have already started daydreaming about playing in the fallen leaves and carving pumpkins with your family. We have assembled a list of some of our top things to do this season:
- Visit your Local Park: Get out and play! The Recreation and Parks Department’s website lists special events at your neighborhood park.
- Check out your Local Libraries: Experience different books with your child. Libraries also have scheduled activities and read aloud sessions.
- Visit a Nursery: You and your child can learn about plants through pruning, weeding, and seed collecting at the Fort Funston Nursery.
- Go for a Nature Walk: Explore nature by smelling the flowers and observing leaves, bugs, birds and other wildlife.
- Creative Art: Use extra materials from around the house or that you collected from a nature walk and see what you and your child can create.
- Visit your Local Museums and Zoo: Explore and learn with your child. Check online monthly events calendars for free or discounted days (listed in our summer activity blog).
- Farmer’s Market: Taste and learn about fall fruits and vegetables with your child. You can find seasonal produce at your local farmer’s market- there is one in every neighborhood.
- Attend a Festival: Enjoy music, dancing, and art with different themed festivals this season! A few upcoming family hits are the Autumn Moon Festival, Fiesta on the Hill, and the Pier 39 Tree Lighting Celebration.
- Take a Class: Take a yoga, arts & crafts, cooking, or music class with your child. Many neighborhood recreation centers offer classes
- Journal Writing: Create a journal with your child about all of your fun adventures! Include photos, writings and art