Join Our Team
For more than 45 years, Children’s Council has been the heart of child care and early education in San Francisco.
Our Mission: By advocating for quality early care and education, empowering families with information and financial support, and building the capabilities of educators, we ensure that every child in San Francisco has the opportunity to reach their full potential.
Our 100+ team members help families navigate their child care and preschool options and secure financial assistance to pay for it. We provide home-based child care businesses with the training and resources to succeed. Through a wide range of free programs and workshops, we support parents and caregivers as they build child development skills.
As the city’s second-largest nonprofit contractor, with an annual budget of over $100 million, we are a major stakeholder in the child care system. We educate the public and advocate for increased investment in early education at the local and state level. If you are a child care champion, we want you on our team.
We offer a family-friendly workplace plus a comprehensive health and benefits package that includes:
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, LTD and AD&D coverage
- 401(K) retirement plan with match
- Flexible spending account
- Generous paid time off
- Pre-tax transportation vouchers
- Competitive salaries compared to those paid by similar employers
- Ongoing training and professional development for all staff
- Tuition Reimbursement
Our current open positions:
- Child Care Educator Coach (Monolingual)
- Director of Major Gifts & Planned Giving
- Family Child Care Instructional Coach (Monolingual)
- Family Child Care Instructional Coach (Cantonese)
Children’s Council is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity as central to our work serving the San Francisco community. We comply with all applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment. Our practices are in alignment with our commitment to workplace equity, diversity, and inclusion. We foster a work environment where our current and future staff feel welcomed without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, national origin, sex, age, disability or sexual orientation.