Child Care Food Program

girl-with-lettuce_webThe eating habits children learn when they are young have a huge impact on what foods they prefer as they grow. Child care providers can play a big part in making sure children learn to enjoy nutritionally balanced meals.

But it can be expensive to serve fresh, healthy food. Children’s Council offers monthly financial support to family child care providers for serving nutritious meals through the USDA Child and Adult Care Food Program.

Providers in the food program receive:

To join our Food Program, please send us your contact informationsend us an email or call 415.276.2900.

Joining the Food Program

Providers interested in participating in the program must:

  • Be a licensed family child care provider in San Francisco County
  • Currently have children enrolled in their care
  • Not currently be sponsored by another agency on the Food Program (e.g. Wu Yee, 4C’s Santa Clara)
  • Attend a Children’s Council Food Program Orientation
  • Bring a copy of their license and a voided blank check (for direct deposit)
  • Complete program contracts at or after the program orientation

Providers in the food program will:

  • Serve nutritious meals and snacks in accordance with the U.S. Department of Agriculture’s food requirements
  • Keep daily records of the foods served and the children in attendance at meals
  • Obtain child care enrollment forms signed by parents and guardians
  • Comply with all other program requirements as outlined in the standard agreement signed upon enrollment

To join the Food Program, please send us your contact information.

Providers Currently in the Food Program

Each provider in the Food Program must participate in one annual training, according to USDA regulations. Providers will receive updated information about Food Program regulations, updated/required documents and resources supporting health and wellness at their child care site.

Click on the dates below to register:

Sat, Jun 17, 2017; 9am-Noon

Sat, Jul 29, 2017; 9am-Noon

Sat, Aug 26, 2017; 9am-Noon

If you are currently in the Food Program, you can receive immediate assistance from your assigned Health and Nutrition Specialist:

Carmen Chan: 415-343-3303 (Cantonese/English)

Julisa Nunez: 415-355-6286  (Spanish/English)

Venus Savea: 415-276-2903 (English)

Documents and Forms - English

Child Care Food Program Handbook 2016

Child Care Food Program Holiday List 2016

Child Care Food Program Holiday Verification Notice 2016

Child Care Food Program Holiday Verification Notice 2017

Claim and Payment Schedule 2017

Holiday Verification Form and Schedule 2016

Meal Reimbursement Rates July 2016-June 2017 (Bilingual Chinese)

Meal Pattern for Infants and Children

Meal Spacing Guidelines

Medical Statement to Request Special Meals

Child Schedule Change Form

Parent/Guardian for Declining Participation in Child & Adult Care Food Program

Checking Errors in Minute Menu

The U.S. Department of Agriculture prohibits discrimination against its customers, employees, and applicants for employment on the bases of race, color, national origin, age, disability, sex, gender identity, religion, reprisal, and where applicable, political beliefs, marital status, familial or parental status, sexual orientation, or all or part of an individual’s income is derived from any public assistance program, or protected genetic information in employment or in any program or activity conducted or funded by the Department. (Not all prohibited bases will apply to all programs and/or employment activities.)

If you wish to file a Civil Rights program complaint of discrimination, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form or call (866) 632-9992 to request the form. You may also write a letter containing all of the information requested in the form. Send your completed complaint form or letter to us by mail at U.S. Department of Agriculture, Director, Office of Adjudication, 1400 Independence Avenue, S.W., Washington, D.C. 20250-9410, by fax (202) 690-7442 or by email.

Individuals who are deaf, hard of hearing or have speech disabilities may contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339; or (800) 845-6136 (Spanish).

Documentos y Formas - Español