City Kids Family Fair
Thanks to everyone who joined us for City Kids Family Fair on Saturday, September 23.
We look forward to seeing everyone again next year!
Saturday, September 23
Entrance gate: 455 Church Street, between 16th and 17th
- A non-glass water bottle (there will be water stations for refills)
- Other items your little one may need (diapers, wet wipes, etc.)
Coming to City Kids? Help us keep our event fun and safe for everyone!
- No dogs or pets. Only service animals allowed
- No alcoholic drinks / narcotics / related paraphernalia
- No smoking or vaping
- No bottles, cans or glass containers
- No large ice chests or coolers
- No weapons, (guns, mace, pepper spray or knives)
- No toy guns, water pistols, or imitation weapons
- No skateboards, in-line skates, or scooters
- No gang “colors” and/or paraphernalia
Some amenities we’ll be offering to make your City Kids experience more enjoyable:
- Indoor baby changing area
- Nursing mothers’ room
- Stroller parking area
- Hand-washing stations
- First aid
- Drinking water stations
- Recycling & composting eco stations
Volunteer with us!
Do you believe that all children in San Francisco should have access to quality child care? Then we have a volunteer opportunity for you! All volunteers will receive a Children’s Council t-shirt. If you’re interested, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, and we’ll contact you to discuss your interests and availability.
Highlights of City Kids:
- Photos with Elmo!
- Hands-on bubble-making magic with the “Bubblologists” from Bubble Mania and Company
- Performance by the children of Ballet Flor de Café: traditional Salvadorian dance
- Craft your own “Mix and Match Marionettes” with Green Art Workshops
- The “Super Hero Brush Puppet Show” by artists from Treehouse Learning
- Explore a real San Francisco Fire Truck
- Afro-Brazilian martial art demonstration by Abada-Capoeira San Francisco
- Face-painting, pinwheel-making, giant legos, corn hole and other arts/crafts and games
- Food trucks offering snacks and meals including mango pops, fruit cups, Vietnamese and Mexican street food
- Free tote bags, books and bags of fresh produce for the first 500 families
- Free on-site guidance on how Children’s Council can help you find and pay for child care that meets your family’s needs.
City Kids showcases many of the amazing early care and education programs and services available to San Francisco families through Children’s Council and our community partners.