City Kids Family Fair
SAVE THE DATE!
The date for our 2018 City Kids Family Fair has been announced!
Saturday, September 29, 2018
10am – 1pm
Mission Dolores Academy playground
(Adjacent to Children’s Council, 445 Church Street)
Sign up for our Children’s News e-mail newsletter and you’ll be the first to know when registration is open. Everyone who RSVP’s is eligible for great raffle prizes!
City Kids showcases many of the amazing early care and education programs and services available to San Francisco families through Children’s Council and our community partners.
Don’t forget to bring:
- A non-glass water bottle (there will be water stations for refills)
- Other items your little one may need (diapers, wet wipes, etc.)
Coming to City Kids? Help us keep our event fun and safe for everyone!
- No dogs or pets. Only service animals allowed
- No alcoholic drinks / narcotics / related paraphernalia
- No smoking or vaping
- No bottles, cans or glass containers
- No large ice chests or coolers
- No weapons, (guns, mace, pepper spray or knives)
- No toy guns, water pistols, or imitation weapons
- No skateboards, in-line skates, or scooters
- No gang “colors” and/or paraphernalia
Some amenities we’ll be offering to make your City Kids experience more enjoyable:
- Indoor baby changing area
- Nursing mothers’ room
- Stroller parking area
- Hand-washing stations
- First aid
- Drinking water stations
- Recycling & composting eco stations
Volunteer with us!
Do you believe that all children in San Francisco should have access to quality child care? Then we have a volunteer opportunity for you! All volunteers will receive a Children’s Council t-shirt. If you’re interested, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, and we’ll contact you to discuss your interests and availability.
Highlights of 2017 City Kids Family Fair:
- Photos with Elmo!
- Hands-on bubble-making magic with the “Bubblologists” from Bubble Mania and Company
- Performance by the children of Ballet Flor de Café: traditional Salvadorian dance
- Craft your own “Mix and Match Marionettes” with Green Art Workshops
- The “Super Hero Brush Puppet Show” by artists from Treehouse Learning
- Explore a real San Francisco Fire Truck
- Afro-Brazilian martial art demonstration by Abada-Capoeira San Francisco
- Face-painting, pinwheel-making, giant legos, corn hole and other arts/crafts and games
- Food trucks offering snacks and meals including mango pops, fruit cups, Vietnamese and Mexican street food
- Free tote bags, books and bags of fresh produce for the first 500 families
- Free on-site guidance on how Children’s Council can help you find and pay for child care that meets your family’s needs.