How We Prevent Fraud
The Quality Assurance (QA) team at Children’s Council helps to ensure that the organization complies with its own policies and procedures, as well as funding mandates, contracts, and local, state and federal laws.
QA ensures that subsidy funds are being used responsibly. Our fraud prevention measures include:
- Allowing staff and the public to file anonymous fraud reports in English, Spanish, Cantonese, and Mandarin:
- By email at email@example.com
- By phone at 415.343.3319
- By fax at 415.343.4753
- Providing staff with monthly training on topics including fraud awareness and detection, and fraud trends
- Monitoring and reviewing files on a bimonthly basis
- Analyzing fraud trends, and forwarding fraud trend reports the Board of Directors Audit Committee, Executive Director, Deputy Director of Programs, Director of Finance, and others
- Assessing risk and testing controls to reduce the risk of fraud on a consistent, organization-wide basis
- For more information on our agency’s fraud prevention measures, please contact the QA team at 415.343.3319.